You are here: Home pageabout ushistory

History

  • 1853 - Siemens & Halske telegraph workshop has opened in Saint-Petersburg.
  • 1882 - Siemens & Halske technical plant has opened in Saint-Petersburg.
  • 1922 - Plant was renamed into "Kozitski radio plant".
  • 1930th - Beginning of the development and production of quartz crystals.
  • 1971 - Development and production of quartz frequency control products were separated into independent company - company Morion (morion is the name of dark type quartz).
  • 1993-2000 - privatization and reorganization into Open Joint Stock Company Morion, realization of investment programs, modernization of the production.
  • 1999 - Morion, Inc. is certified in accordance with international standard ISO 9001, received a number of Russian and international certificates and licenses. Implementation of GAAP;
  • 2001 - Annual C.B. Sawyer Award was granted to president of Morion, Inc., Dr. Yakov L. Vorokhovsky "For outstanding entrepreneurship in leading Morion, Inc. to become a world class company...". This award represents the highest award in quartz industry.
  • 2002 - Management and key specialists of Morion, Inc. were rewarded for the important contribution in elaboration of special equipment. President of Morion Dr. Yakov L. Vorokhovsky was rewarded with "Order of Honor" (by decree of Russian President of December 17th, 2002).
  • 2003 - Morion, Inc. was re-certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2000.
  • 2004 - president of Morion, Inc. Dr. Yakov L. Vorokhovsky became Russian Federation State Prize Laureate in Science and Technics for the resolution of scientific-technical problems, design and volume manufacturing of precision piezoelectrical devices.
  • 2007 - Morion, Inc. received a 1st grade award from the Government of Saint-Petersburg for achievements on the field of the export of the products. Morion is named «The Best Exporter in year 2007».
  • 2010 - Morion, Inc. was re-certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008.